Guitar Scales & Chords Power
Easy to use app that helps you learn scales, chords and their relationship to improve your playing. Keep in tune with the tuner and practice with the metronome to improve your rhythm when playing chords and scales.
Practice playing with scale position loops to master the position and build muscle memory. Play along with scale exercises to improve your finger dexterity and ability to improvise. Start slow and increase speed as you improve.
Play scales and chords by swiping across strings; direction of swipe determine ascending or descending playback.
Scale positions correspond to the CAGED system with five patterns that cover the fretboard for each scale. The CAGED system chord shape for the position is shown to help you remember it in any key.
Circle of fifths shows common chords for each key and will help you compose music, learn key signatures and transpose songs to a different key. Tap a common chord to see it on a fretboard while viewing the circle of fifths.
Tuner to tune your guitar easily; use chromatic mode or select from many specific tunings.
Adj. reference frequency used by tuner and playback instruments can be set to 410 Hz - 470 Hz (default A = 440 Hz).
Metronome with click and drum voices, beat subdivisions and tap to set BPM (10 - 400). Time signatures: 2/2, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8.
Create PDF diagrams (8.5” x 11”, color or b&w) of scale positions or all notes on a full fretboard; also, all chord notes on a full fretboard. Easy to print, save and share PDFs with iBooks, email, AirDrop and Messages. See PDF images.
- Chromatic tuner
- Scale position and exercises loops with adj. playback speed (full position or one octave)
- Chord and scale info including which work best together
- Chord/scale notes show letter name, interval and fingering
- Metronome to help play rhythms accurately
- Swipe across strings to play scales and chords
- Tap on a note to play it
- Create PDF diagrams of scales (positions or full fretboard) & chords (full fretboard)
- Scale/chord playback - chose from 5 instruments and set independently
- Count-in option before scale playback
- Show CAGED system chord shape for scale position
- Play scales and chords together to hear how they sound together
- Adjustable reference frequency for tuner and playback
- Display and playback scales and chords covering the fretboard
- 48 alternate tunings
- Guitar fretboard display (vertical or horizontal)
- Right or left handed guitar display
- iPhone - zoom in/out to see complete fretboard
- iPad - three fretboards: full (scale or chord), scales and chords
- Universal app - purchase once and use on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- All features included! - no in app purchases
- No ads
Harmonic Minor Modes:
Melodic Minor Modes:
Supported Alternate Tunings:
Open Minor Cross-Note: